You don’t have to be a professional comedian or have a staff of writers to make an audience laugh, although that certainly helped Jimmy Kimmel and President Obama during this year’s White House Correspondents’ Association dinner last Saturday. The pair kept the audience laughing for nearly an hour by spinning jokes off topics in the news, from the Secret Service scandal to Kim Kardashian’s celebrity.
Search This Site
- Fluff Copywriting: How To Identify and Avoid It May 21, 2013The most effective marketing message exudes personality, expresses clear benefits, and speaks directly to the target audience, and, through engagement, encourages visitors to take action. The key to conversion success [...] No related posts.
- Sūmèr’s Soundtrack May 16, 2013At Sūmèr, we actively look for motivation and inspiration to create compelling copy for our clients. In order to get our creative juices flowing, we often rely on music to [...] No related posts.
- 10 Phrases to Avoid in Marketing Copy May 14, 2013Effective copywriters create SEO-rich sentences that read naturally. While it’s important to craft an easily digestible message that reads elegantly, you need to exercise caution with transitional phrases. While your [...] No related posts.
- Fluff Copywriting: How To Identify and Avoid It May 21, 2013
- Convey your message at a glance May 20, 2013Tips to improve your presentation slides. Continue reading →
- 6 quotes on public speaking May 17, 20136 inspiring public-speaking quotes. Continue reading →
- 8 ways to be memorable at events May 13, 2013This is a guest post by Patricia Fripp, executive speech coach. It never ceases to amaze me how many talented and well-educated people attend networking events yet overlook their big chance to be memorable by developing a mini-presentation for audiences … Continue reading →
- Convey your message at a glance May 20, 2013
- 4-Step How-To Guide to Dealing with Problems in Your Online Business November 2, 2012Image Credit The recent domain change I did brought a lot of work... I had to update dozens and dozens of links, spread throughout more than 100 posts. I had to deal with sitemaps, robots and all those tedious SEO tasks. On top of that all social media counters were stuck at zero... Fixing one problem was bringing a new one and that soon began taking its tol […]
- Negative Comments: Should they Really Matter to You as an Internet Marketer? October 29, 2012Image Credit Negative comments and negative feedback - you've certainly got them at some point. And yeah, it isn't a great feeling... Hearing people say good things about you and seeing all those social media signals along the way matter to you, don't they? In reality however there are always those who don't like something... So, you get […]
- Pinterest and Instagram: 3 Simple Ways to Find Out if The Two are Actually Worth Your Time October 24, 2012The following is a guest post by Harrison Kratz. Harrison walks us through Pinterest and Instagram and more specifically whether or not we should utilize the two. Enjoy! I recently sat in on a panel that focused on visual storytelling through social media platforms such as Instagram and Pinterest. It was a great discussion that featured marketing directors […]
- 4-Step How-To Guide to Dealing with Problems in Your Online Business November 2, 2012
- 2013 Social Media Marketing Industry Report May 21, 2013Are you wondering how your peers are using social media? Wondering if you should focus on Pinterest or podcasting, or put more effort into Facebook? In our fifth annual social media study, more than 3000 marketers reveal where they focus their social media activities, how much time they invest, what the rewards are and where they’ll [...]
- 3 Simple Ways to Measure Your Social Media Results May 20, 2013Are you looking for better ways to measure your social media activities? Do you know if your social media efforts are worthwhile? Social media measurement is one of the most frustrating challenges business face. In this article I’ll show you three simple measurement strategies that can fit into one of your future campaigns. Why Measure? In [...]
- Google+ Redesign: This Week in Social Media May 18, 2013Welcome to our weekly edition of what’s hot in social media news. To help you stay up to date with social media, here are some of the news items that caught our attention. What’s New This Week? Google+ Unveils New Design: The new Google+ design “helps you easily explore content as well as dramatically improves [...]
- 2013 Social Media Marketing Industry Report May 21, 2013
- When Stuck, Talk It Out May 21, 2013Movement begets movement
- How To Talk To Important People May 21, 2013"Helicopter up" and speak the right language.
- Manage Your Day-to-Day, the New Book from 99U, Is Now On Sale! May 21, 2013Are you ready to stop doing busywork and start doing your best work? On sale today, the new book from 99U shows you how to get information overload under control and focus on the creative work that really matters.
- When Stuck, Talk It Out May 21, 2013