You don’t have to be a professional comedian or have a staff of writers to make an audience laugh, although that certainly helped Jimmy Kimmel and President Obama during this year’s White House Correspondents’ Association dinner last Saturday. The pair kept the audience laughing for nearly an hour by spinning jokes off topics in the news, from the Secret Service scandal to Kim Kardashian’s celebrity.
Search This Site
- Cubicle Hell: Get out of the Office AND Create Great Content December 10, 2013Many of us stay in our offices, work hard, and then leave at the end of the day. When you’re stuck in a cubicle, it’s easy to lose touch with what’s going on outside your building. When you can leave your cubicle and keep your eyes and ears open, you’ll learn more about your business […]The post Cubicle Hell: Get out of the Office AND Create Great Content ap […]
- Business Relationship Strategies: 4 Tips for B2B Gift-Giving December 5, 2013Get ready: the days of lights, junk food, family time, and presents have officially arrived. For small business owners, the holidays provide opportunity to show your clients and colleagues that you care. Time for some thoughtfully planned B2B gift-giving that builds business relationships. Before you scramble to purchase last-minute gifts for your clients, w […]
- Love Thy Followers: How to Build a Loyal Social Media Tribe December 3, 2013As our world drowns in information, and shameless product and event promotion fills Twitter feeds everywhere, there’s something special about building a strong, thoughtful social media presence on the Internet that cuts through the noise and stands out among the rest. What’s even more powerful is creating a community of followers that keep coming back […]The […]
- Cubicle Hell: Get out of the Office AND Create Great Content December 10, 2013
- A lively presentation starts with the seating November 29, 2013Use these seating strategies to wake up audience members—and keep them engaged during your presentation: Continue reading →
- Create connections with movement November 22, 2013Your success as a speaker depends not only on the words you say but also on the way your body language backs up your points. Continue reading →
- Quick tip: Stay away from PowerPoint Clip Art November 15, 2013Do not use Clip Art or other cartoonish line art when creating your PowerPoint presentations. Think about it. If the images are included in the software, it’s likely your audience has seen them already. Instead, choose professional-looking stock photos—or better, use … Continue reading →
- A lively presentation starts with the seating November 29, 2013
- 4-Step How-To Guide to Dealing with Problems in Your Online Business November 2, 2012Image CreditThe recent domain change I did brought a lot of work...I had to update dozens and dozens of links, spread throughout more than 100 posts. I had to deal with sitemaps, robots and all those tedious SEO tasks. On top of that all social media counters were stuck at zero...Fixing one problem was bringing a new one and that soon began taking its toll o […]
- Negative Comments: Should they Really Matter to You as an Internet Marketer? October 29, 2012Image CreditNegative comments and negative feedback - you've certainly got them at some point. And yeah, it isn't a great feeling...Hearing people say good things about you and seeing all those social media signals along the way matter to you, don't they?In reality however there are always those who don't like something... So, you get int […]
- Pinterest and Instagram: 3 Simple Ways to Find Out if The Two are Actually Worth Your Time October 24, 2012The following is a guest post by Harrison Kratz. Harrison walks us through Pinterest and Instagram and more specifically whether or not we should utilize the two. Enjoy! I recently sat in on a panel that focused on visual storytelling through social media platforms such as Instagram and Pinterest. It was a great discussion that featured marketing directors […]
- 4-Step How-To Guide to Dealing with Problems in Your Online Business November 2, 2012
- 7 Ways to Grow Your Blog With Pinterest December 11, 2013Would you like more traffic to your blog? Are you looking for creative ways to use Pinterest to benefit your business blog? Pinterest offers a robust path to help you build your blog. You can use Pinterest to find content for your blog, grow your audience and increase your website traffic. In this article, I’ll [...]
- How to Create a Social Media Strategy By Spying Your Competitors December 10, 2013Are you struggling to create a social media strategy for your business? Lacking insight into the social behaviors of your customers? No data, no problem! Chances are your competitors have done all the hard work and all you need to do is look for it. In this post, I’ll show you how to research the competition’s [...]
- How to Use LinkedIn Showcase Pages December 9, 2013Does your business have products or services that target unique audiences? Do your customers spend time on LinkedIn? Finding an effective social strategy to reach the right audience for each of your products and services can be challenging. LinkedIn helps you solve this problem with its LinkedIn Showcase Pages. In this article, I’ll show you [...]
- 7 Ways to Grow Your Blog With Pinterest December 11, 2013
- Bruce Springsteen, Woody Allen, and the Long Tradition of Hating Your Own Work December 11, 2013What happens when persistence gets curdled by perfectionism? A look at how The Boss, Franz Kafka, Woody Allen, and Darwin faced their artistic demons and published.
- Leadership Is Like Jumping Off a Cliff… December 11, 2013Do it. Survive. Recover. Repeat.
- Are You a Selfish Person? A Checklist December 10, 2013When someone is talking are you just thinking of what to say next?
- Bruce Springsteen, Woody Allen, and the Long Tradition of Hating Your Own Work December 11, 2013