“The best-selling book that documents a 6-year-old’s journey to heaven and back during the two months he spent in a coma is being pulled from shelves after the boy, who is now 17, recanted his story.”
Search This Site
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Recover after a terrible speech October 3, 2014Rather than becoming deflated after botching a speech, recognize and fix your mistakes to become a stronger speaker next time around. Continue reading →
- Presentation tactics for webinars September 19, 2014These days, public speakers are turning to webinars in place of in-person presentations. And why not? That technology is cheaper and more convenient than traveling on-site to give presentations. Continue reading →
- Quick tip: Stop dwelling on mistakes September 12, 2014Stop dwelling on your occasional misstep and focus instead on your success as a speaker. Continue reading →
- Recover after a terrible speech October 3, 2014
- 4-Step How-To Guide to Dealing with Problems in Your Online Business November 2, 2012Image CreditThe recent domain change I did brought a lot of work...I had to update dozens and dozens of links, spread throughout more than 100 posts. I had to deal with sitemaps, robots and all those tedious SEO tasks. On top of that all social media counters were stuck at zero...Fixing one problem was bringing a new one and that soon began taking its toll o […]
- Negative Comments: Should they Really Matter to You as an Internet Marketer? October 29, 2012Image CreditNegative comments and negative feedback - you've certainly got them at some point. And yeah, it isn't a great feeling...Hearing people say good things about you and seeing all those social media signals along the way matter to you, don't they?In reality however there are always those who don't like something... So, you get int […]
- Pinterest and Instagram: 3 Simple Ways to Find Out if The Two are Actually Worth Your Time October 24, 2012The following is a guest post by Harrison Kratz. Harrison walks us through Pinterest and Instagram and more specifically whether or not we should utilize the two. Enjoy! I recently sat in on a panel that focused on visual storytelling through social media platforms such as Instagram and Pinterest. It was a great discussion that featured marketing directors […]
- 4-Step How-To Guide to Dealing with Problems in Your Online Business November 2, 2012
- Live Video Strategy: How to Create a Show That Engages June 23, 2017Interested in broadcasting live video? Have you considered starting a live video show? To explore how to create a successful live video show, I interview Luria Petrucci. More About This Show The Social Media Marketing podcast is an on-demand talk radio show from Social Media Examiner. It’s designed to help busy marketers and business owners discover what wor […]
- 3 Ways to Easily Caption Social Media Video June 22, 2017Worried that most people view your social media video with the sound off? Looking for quick and efficient ways to produce captioned video? In this article, you’ll discover three ways to automatically caption social media video. #1: Use Live Titles to Caption Apple Clips Need a quicker way to do captions for a video? Apple [...] This post 3 Ways to Easily Cap […]
- Facebook Ads and Metrics: New Research for Marketers June 21, 2017Wondering if Facebook is still a relevant platform for marketing? Interested in how your colleagues and peers will use Facebook in the coming year? In this article, you’ll discover new insights that show where Facebook marketers are focusing their attention and how you can best take advantage of ads on the platform. #1: Facebook Advertising Spend [...] This […]
- Live Video Strategy: How to Create a Show That Engages June 23, 2017
- Design Director Alex Center Got a Masters in Branding at Coca-Cola June 20, 2017Over the last 10 years, Alex Center has experienced firsthand how the sheer size of a corporation like Coke impacts the design process — something he is able to contrast with his days at vitaminwater before its acquisition by the beverage giant.
- Designers on Design: Debbie Millman June 20, 2017So often we charge ahead in our careers with a single-minded focus on our pursuits. In this new series, we slow down and ask designers to reflect on their relationship to the craft. Here the Design Matters host explores what it means to her in a visual essay.
- In Praise of the Home Office June 13, 2017Mike Sager has spent the last 40 years plying his craft from his home office, working away on a 63-year-old desk that used to belong to his father. He reflects on what it's like to be responsible to, and responsible for, only himself in a place where the line between duty and pleasure is blurred.
- Design Director Alex Center Got a Masters in Branding at Coca-Cola June 20, 2017