“The best-selling book that documents a 6-year-old’s journey to heaven and back during the two months he spent in a coma is being pulled from shelves after the boy, who is now 17, recanted his story.”
Search This Site
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Recover after a terrible speech October 3, 2014Rather than becoming deflated after botching a speech, recognize and fix your mistakes to become a stronger speaker next time around. Continue reading →
- Presentation tactics for webinars September 19, 2014These days, public speakers are turning to webinars in place of in-person presentations. And why not? That technology is cheaper and more convenient than traveling on-site to give presentations. Continue reading →
- Quick tip: Stop dwelling on mistakes September 12, 2014Stop dwelling on your occasional misstep and focus instead on your success as a speaker. Continue reading →
- Recover after a terrible speech October 3, 2014
- 4-Step How-To Guide to Dealing with Problems in Your Online Business November 2, 2012Image CreditThe recent domain change I did brought a lot of work...I had to update dozens and dozens of links, spread throughout more than 100 posts. I had to deal with sitemaps, robots and all those tedious SEO tasks. On top of that all social media counters were stuck at zero...Fixing one problem was bringing a new one and that soon began taking its toll o […]
- Negative Comments: Should they Really Matter to You as an Internet Marketer? October 29, 2012Image CreditNegative comments and negative feedback - you've certainly got them at some point. And yeah, it isn't a great feeling...Hearing people say good things about you and seeing all those social media signals along the way matter to you, don't they?In reality however there are always those who don't like something... So, you get int […]
- Pinterest and Instagram: 3 Simple Ways to Find Out if The Two are Actually Worth Your Time October 24, 2012The following is a guest post by Harrison Kratz. Harrison walks us through Pinterest and Instagram and more specifically whether or not we should utilize the two. Enjoy! I recently sat in on a panel that focused on visual storytelling through social media platforms such as Instagram and Pinterest. It was a great discussion that featured marketing directors […]
- 4-Step How-To Guide to Dealing with Problems in Your Online Business November 2, 2012
- How to Ensure Your Facebook Page Complies With Facebook Terms July 27, 2017Do you have a Facebook page for your business? Want to be sure your page isn’t disabled (or worse, shut down) for noncompliance with Facebook’s Terms? In this article, you’ll discover four tips to keep your Facebook page in line with Facebook’s Terms. #1: Name Your Page Accurately Setting up a new Facebook page can [...] This post How to Ensure Your Facebook […]
- How to Track Dark Social Traffic in Google Analytics July 26, 2017Are links to your content shared via private messages on social media? Wondering how to identify and measure that traffic? Dark social traffic comes from sources such as Facebook Messenger, Twitter DMs, and even email. Being able to accurately trace this traffic will give you a more complete picture of how your content is performing. [...] This post How to T […]
- How to Create a Snapchat Geofilter on Your Phone July 25, 2017Want to design Snapchat geofilters on the go? Have you seen the Snapchat in-app geofilter creation tool? In this article, you’ll discover how to easily create and purchase custom Snapchat geofilters from within the mobile app. #1: Design Your Snapchat On-Demand Geofilter To get started creating your geofilter, open the Snapchat app. From the camera [...] Thi […]
- How to Ensure Your Facebook Page Complies With Facebook Terms July 27, 2017
- Skin in the Game July 25, 2017As more design firms partner with startups and accept equity in exchange for their skills, it’s time for a closer look at the pitfalls and the payoffs.
- Brooklyn Music Label Fool’s Gold Records on Turning 10 July 20, 2017A-Trak and Nick "Catchdubs" Barat, DJs and founders of Brooklyn record label Fool's Gold, talk to 99U about their 10 years in the music business as friends and partners, their new brick-and-mortar retail store in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, and why going out on a limb for something you love makes it all worth it – even if that thing never achieves […]
- Dave Nelson: On Making Design Front and Center at Microsoft July 20, 2017The company's principal creative director on how the small-team model works inside a big company with such a global reach and why the team's ultimate goal is bona fide, possibly-quantifiable user love.
- Skin in the Game July 25, 2017